June 8, 2007

Felt is Always in Style II


(Hi! I'm ridiculous.)

(Feeling humiliated)

The first time I tried sewing with felted sweater fabric I was pretty pleased with myself. The felted sweater was the result of an accident. I know I'm not alone in discovering that a sweater accidently put through the washing machine can be cut & will not ravel, stretches in any direction but has excellent body, & generally presents a dizzying array of potential uses.
This particular sweater was felted because I dyed it. The water got too hot or I left the dye pot on the stove too long...
Picture now; me, lamenting the reduced dimensions of my (felted) sweater, newly dyed a nice shade of green. I heard the familiar click click of doggy toenails. My focus shifted momentarily beyond the sweater in my hands to the funny little dog in the background. In that moment, it dawned on me; the zipper on the front of my felted sweater would fit right up the front of the dog's chest, & the collar on the sweater could be left in tact. I'd just have to cut off the sleeves & take the body in drastically...& you can fill in the rest. More detail here would only lead to drowsiness. After the sweaters were completed I sensed a need for a special beaded zipper-pull. But that's another story for another day.

(Fabio; blissfully unaware of his utter silliness.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh. my. goodness. I'm not sure as to take them seriously, or go around the corner and snicker secretly (so as not to humitiate the poor babies all the more.) I see much talent and lots of funny.

Anonymous said...

Way to go crafty girl! Please tell me this wasn't a sweater you knit. I'm thinking they're now ready for a stroll in the park.

Anonymous said...

What next? Are you going to walk around holding your little dog, both of you dressed in subtle, tastefully crafted attire? Like some Proverbs 31 Britney Spears or is it Paris Hilton? Gosh! ( Yes, I wish I had a cute dog and could do that.)

Anonymous said...

Ooops, the above was me. ~Michele

Sadie Lou said...

So, so cute. I love the color and I love how regal your dogs are trying to be in those sweaters--little do they know.

Fun is always in style. said...

- Dash seems fully aware; he tiptoes & looks painfully embarassed.
- not handknit! Thrifted LLBean sweater (only care @ brand when it's from the thrift store) in ugly camel color.
- Michele, I believe I'd recognize your comment without any ID. I can get a little charge off of the '80s Adam & Eve' comment still. It reminds me of how glamorous I actually am.
- Um; I guess I'd lean toward Britney Spears. She had that Pepsi song.

Anonymous said...

Dashing!

Fun is always in style. said...

Hi Bo - I'm online tonite on my mac. Phil says 8th time is the charm

pomomama said...

that green is definitely their colour!

Fun is always in style. said...

It's my favorite color too!

Beth Leintz said...

I'm sure they are the envy of all the non couture dogs in the neighborhood!