July 16, 2008

Blue Skies

I went kayaking yesterday - my new favorite sport! I won't tell where I went. It's a secret. But it looked a bit like this:

  1. water - perfect
  2. weather - perfect
  3. ducks & wildflowers, Great Blue Heron too - perfect
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since the smoke has abated my friend was singing this -

Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see
Bluebirds singin' a song
Nothin' but bluebirds all day long

Never saw the sun shinin' so bright
Never saw things goin' so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue Grey days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on
(Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's driving me mad wondering where that beautiful spot is. But I don't blame you for being mum. I hate when Via magazine publishes a cool spot, thus making it not-cool anymore.
Tell me, did you plunge over that fall in your kayak? I would've loved to have seen it, you wild knitter, you!
~Michele

Fun is always in style. said...

I did not go over the falls. Next time. Yes, Fallen Leaf Lake was in Sunset & now it's always full & reservations are required @ 8 months in advance -extreme planning ahead for me -

(Will talk for tamales)