March 10, 2008

Celebrating Mitten Day with BlueSkyKnits



I have something extra cool to share on Mitten Day this year; BlueSkyKnits on Etsy. Take a minute to see these Beautiful handknit mittens in her shop. I'm illustrating Mitten Day with BlueSkyKnits & for very little, you may have your very own Maine mittens. (Mine are on their way)

Mitten Day is a domestic US holiday. My logic could easily be challenged; 'what about all of the amazing mittens from Latvia, Scandinavia, Russia, & other places?' As the creator of Mitten Day I've arbitrarily confined the holiday to the US. This is my kingdom.

Mitten Day is irrevocally tied to my love of Robin Hansen's mitten books; Fox, Geese, & Fences, and Flying Geese & Partridge Feet which feature traditional patterns from Maine and include the story behind each pattern.

Have a good Mitten Day. I'd love to hear how you celebrate ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of creating a "mitten day". :) The mittens you made look challenging (lovely!), the ones you've purchased are beautiful! Do regular plain mittens count or do they need to be of the "challenging variety?" And do your kids wear mittens?

Fun is always in style. said...

yes, it is my own made up holiday! I also have International Chair Day, & hope to eventually have International Lamp & Lighting Day & Bowl Day.