November 21, 2007

Wishful crochet ~

I love cardigan sweaters & this one is especially unique & appealing. It's from Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop Crochet. It has the vintage + modern thing happening. I really like the motifs, the open fan-like scallops; but wonder whether the finished fabric would get caught on things like knobs or pencils or other things I encounter when I move about? Would the fabric be heavy? I wonder whether the jacket would have to be carefully arranged on my body - draped & realigned often? It's made using a huge hook (J). I really hope to give it a try.

Crochet is a mood - thing for me; I get in the mood. Then the hunt begins for a likable pattern; far more challenging than locating a great knitting pattern. This book has new applications & interesting ideas & I think it succeeds in translating the author's unique design aesthetic into 'crochet'.

No comments: