April 12, 2007

My Friend Colonel Sanders

This is from my grandmother's house. Not especially valuable, but it has sentimental value. Few are aware that I once met Colonel Sanders. We crossed paths long ago at the Louisville Airport. He was wearing a white double breasted suit (OK, I don't remember whether it was double-breasted or not). He had just given out his last balloon. These were special balloons; they had little ears & a face & cardboard feet! He asked whether I'd like him to retrieve a balloon for me from his suitcase. I thought this sounded fine. But it was polite to decline this offer - a five year-old does not pick up on subtler social cues...

A meeting with Colonel Sanders is probably considered trifling in terms of celebrity encounters, however; I've treasured gotten some mileage out of this memory.

No comments: